If you missed Donald Trump’s speech in Gettysburg today, here’s the full megillah. (and here’s a link to the definition of megillah. His comments begin at about the 19-minute mark.”
Trump spent the first part of his comments addressing the rampant corruption and lawlessness on the part of the Democrats and Hillary Clinton and used the second half to lay out his 100-day plan with specific actions for improving trade and restoring law and order.
But here’s what he’s got in mind for his very first day in office. To all those complaining Donald Trump has never provided any substance, how ‘bout them apples?
Trump announced “a contract between Donald J. Trump and the American voter. It begins with bringing honesty, accountability and change to Washington DC. Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington.”
1. A Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
2. A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce the federal workforce through attrition except for military, public safety, and public health
3. For every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated
4. A 5-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
5. A lifetime bans on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
6. A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
Anyone NOT thinks those are good ideas? Very hard to argue.
It’s been a rough couple of weeks for Donald Trump’s campaign – and for America’s psyche. But (one woman’s opinion), in addition to his specific policy recommendations, he also had some excellent one-liners with which we’ll leave you:
I have no special interest but you, the American voter.
Hillary is running against change, all the American people, and all the American voters.
I am asking the American people to dream big once again.
YES. WE. CAN.